REVIEW: W.Lab W-Honey Beam Cushion

By Resa Peralta - Saturday, March 05, 2016


I've heard that this cushion is famous in Korea. Since the Honey Butter Chips craze started last year, honey-themed products has also started to be popular in cosmetics and skincare products. This cushion reminds me of my Missha Magic Moisture Cushion because they have the similar cushion case and a dewy finish. Anyway, it is my first time to try a product coming from the brand W.Lab. I became familiar about this brand because of the Korean Ulzzang Young Gi Hong, as I always see her promoting this brand on her facebook page.  

I bought this cushion on Althea Korea. They recently launched their grand site opening here in the Philippines and I was lucky enough to be one of their beta site tester.


The W-Honey Beam Cushion is only consists of 2 shades.

#21 - Honey Light
#23 - Honey Beige

Korean cushions are usually limited to 2 shades. It's a sad thing that they do not have more selection of shades. I got the #23 Honey Beige since it was the darkest shade that I can get. 


These are the claims of the W-Honey Beam Cushion:
UV Protection
Whitening
Anti-Wrinkle
Coverage
Skin Soothing
Moisturizing

Core Ingredients of W-Lab Honey Beam Cushion

Amazing moisturizing Jeju island honey & Richly nutritious Manuka Honey

This was the honey ingredients that has been used as a cosmetic material. Cleopatra was known that she used to take a bath with honey. Since the ancient time, honey has been used as one of the ingredients in cosmetics. Honey gives the moisture and retains to make the skin moist. Also, it enhances the skin elasticity as it contains vitamins.


The box comes with the cushion refill and the puff. I really love the design of the cushion! Everything is too cute and awesome and this is just too great to explain. Oh my goodness.



When you peel off the sticker, the moment that the cushion foam is exposed on the air, you will see the foundation slowly becoming more noticeable on the cushion foam. When you press it, the product comes out richly on the foam.






I noticed that there was some kinda of oil mixed with the foundation that makes it dewy! The smell of the foundation was not so bad. If I can describe it, I can say that it smells like a baby scented product!


Swatch on my hand
-----

This was a photo from my Snapchat wearing the Honey Beam Cushion. I've been getting a lot of compliments every single time that I use the Honey Beam Cushion. My friends be like "Oh, why does your face looks so flawless?", " You look like a doll, are you wearing any makeup on?" I'm not even kidding these are the actual statements that they said.


It really gives a great dewy/natural glow that most of the Korean artist has, plus I also commend the moisture that it gives to my face. I agree that it does give a good coverage, ranging medium to high. But after a few hours of wearing it, my face looks too oily and the areas around my nose are flaking, it's not a very good sight to see!

I live in a tropical country and people do not usually like dewy finished foundation/makeup because looking too oily is a big no no. They prefer a matte makeup finish. Not unlike when you're in Korea, they love dewy finish foundations or cushions because for them it makes them look fresh and natural. After some hours I look too oily like you can already cook on my face. Lol but I suggest, bring your powder with you so you can retouch whenever you feel that your skin is beginning to look too oily. For me, I use my No Sebum Mineral Powder from Innisfree when my face started to look oily. 

(please don't mind the background, I'm not on our comfort room okay!!!)



To rate this cushion overall I could say that it is one of the best dewy finished cushion that I have tried so far as it moisturizes and hydrates my skin well and it gives a great coverage. But, I cannot use it on a daily basis because as explained above, I live in a tropical country and this cushion is not preferable to be worn daily most especially when it's too hot. I think I'll use this cushion on rainy days.

PROS
Great coverage
Moisturizing
Dewy finish
Good smell
Great cushion case

CONS
Limited shades
It may look too oily on to the face after hours of wearing it

PRICE
P1920.00 ($41.09) but now at 54% discount (P880.00 = $18.83)

WHERE TO BUY?


Have you also tried this cushion from W.Lab?






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments