REVIEW: Skinfood Salmon Brightening Eye Cream

By Resa Peralta - Tuesday, March 22, 2016


One of my skin problems is my dark under eye circles. Since I was in my high school days I'm already having a big problem in this area. I don't know why but I think because I often rub my eyes whenever I have my allergic rhinitis that adds on to the factors on why I have a terrible dark under eye skin aside from not having too much sleep or rather sleeping late because of school works and watching too much Kdramas. Until now I am still in the battle and in the search of finding a good eye cream that works perfectly to lighten up my dark under eye somehow. I came upon this product from Skinfood, since I know that Skinfood's products are all themed to be natural and all about the ingredients of healthy fruits and food obviously, I decided to give this a try to give my under eye problem a treat. Let's see if this skincare product had worked on my dark under eye problem.

SALMON BRIGHTENING EYE CREAM
  • Contains Salmon Extract and Salmon Oil that brings life to your skin
  • Gives a brightening effect to the eye area
  • Contains Arbutin and the extracts of Omega 3-rich salmon roe that relieves and brightens the dark circles.





The packaging is a like a glass pot that you should be careful in handling. But I love the sturdy and cute packaging despite it being in a glass pot. That means you have to dip your finger just to get the product, which is a major downside to me because it is too unhygienic.



The eye cream gives a pleasant scent and I like it. It does not have a heavy or thick consistency and sticky feeling but then it applies smoothly on my under eye area. I love how it moisturizes the areas around my eyes, and it hydrates the skin well. I've been using it for almost 2 months, every night on my night skincare routine since I bought it from Althea Korea and I can say that it did lighten my under eye bags but not too much that it magically whitens my eye bags totally. I guess maybe because I tend to sleep late nowadays because of K-Dramas... Haha kidding aside, even it doesn't totally removes my under eye bags I am totally fine that I am seeing a little result somehow. I just love the feeling of the areas around my under eyes moisturized. 

The product goes a long way, a small amount can cover the skin areas around your eye, I think this will last me up a year to finish the entire product, but I find it unhygienic because it doesn't come with a spatula. They should have provided one. But since I have some spatulas that I got from some of the creams that I have been using, I can just use that instead. Overall, I love the results that this eye cream gave me so far, but not to the point that I'll be repurchasing it again. I'm not saying that it worked perfectly to resolve my dark under eye bag problem but somehow it gave a light solution. 

RATE
3/5

PROS 
Lightens up the under eye bags a bit
Moisturizing
Hydrating
Doesn't feel sticky to the skin
Pleasant smell

CONS
Doesn't come with a spatula

WHERE TO BUY?

PRICE
$14.90 - P690.00


What are your current eye creams?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments