REVIEW: Benton Honest Cleansing Foam

By Resa Peralta - Friday, June 12, 2015


Happy 117th Independence Day Philippines!
Anyway today I am going to review a product from Benton Cosmetics.

Benton Cosmetics sent this product to me for review. Please take note that I am 101% honest about my opinion and review about this product.

I have been using skincare products from Benton for how many months already. I love how their products are free from harmful substances and most especially the effectiveness of their product. I can see how my skin improved since I use their products, most especially the Snail Bee Essence.
Now, let's see if this Cleansing Foam from Benton is worth the try. :)


BENTON HONEST CLEANSING FOAM (150g)





Expiration date: 12 months from manufactured date (Period after opening: 6months)
Direction on usage
(1) Apply suitable amount on your palm
(2) Rub it into a foam-form
(3) Gently rub the foam on your face
(4) Wash away the foam with warm water


In this part of the box contains every ingredients that has been used.

  Free from any harmful ingredients 



I love color of the packaging, even though it just looks like the typical cleansers that we have. It looks like it is so clean and neat. Because it weighs 150g this may last you up for a long time.


 Securely sealed~

(it looks so messy in my hand, im sorry)

I love how the cleansing foam smells, it smells like a baby lotion, and you only need a small amount for your face, it foams quickly.

The product claims to cleanse fatigue skin caused by stress and polution and moisturizes the skin to minimize dryness of skin.

This cleanser is said to have a high pH of 7-8, which is high for a gentle cleanser. 

Okay, first what is this pH level thing? Let's go back to our highschool chemistry class. pH means "potential hydrogen"
"A big reason for this is pH level. pH measures the acidity of alkalinity (aka basic-ness) of a substance, be it your skin or the products you use on it. Your skin’s natural pH level is between 4.5 – 5.5. On the pH scale of 0-14 (0 being battery acid, 7 being neutral, and 14 being the most alkaline), this is a bit on the acidic side because your skin is your body’s first defense barrier against the elements (it is in fact called the “acid mantle”). A bit of acidity protects your skin from allergens, bacteria, wind and pollutants, as well as retains moisture. Factors like UV light, environmental pollution, and climate change can affect your skin’s pH – causing dry flaky skin, inflammation or eczema. The best thing you can do to keep your skin looking its best is to maintain its naturally slightly acidic pH level. If this sounds a bit like revisiting AP Chemistry class, it’s really not that hard if you keep these things in mind." -stylecaster.com > read more 


Performance

After washing my face with this cleanser, my skin is tight and dry, but it cleans my face well & some residues and dirt that my makeup left. However, I am so sad to notice that my skin feels itchy after several times of using it, and my face feels rough... maybe because my face cannot tolerate a cleanser with high pH that's why it turned out like this.

This is my experience, and I am very honest about it. Some reviews are positive and there are some that are negative because of the high pH that this cleanser has. So I don't know for you if your skin can tolerate this cleanser. This cleanser is not recommended for dry skin. Well I think I am just going to use this to wash my dirty sponges and puffs so it will not be a waste.

I am so sad that this cleansing foam didn't work well on me, but I am looking forward for Benton Cosmetic to release more awesome products like their Snail Bee Line. I have reviews for the Snail Bee High Content Essence and Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream you can check it by clicking the name of the product itself. :)

What are your thoughts about this Cleansing Foam from Benton?


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I have dry skin, too, but for me it worked. I even had the feeling it was quite moisturizing compared to other foam cleansers of this pH. But unfortunately the cleansing power is not high, so I only use it fir double cleansing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I currently have a combination skin type these days because of the summer season but still it didn't work on me. I have seen reviews about this cleanser saying that this can be so drying most especially for dry skin, but not too much on normal to oily skin, so I hoped that it will work well but it didn't. Well sometimes not all products can work on our skin. Haha thanks for dropping by and reading my review. :D

      Delete
  2. Nice blog and great review!!

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC? I can't find your follow button tho :(

    http://toomanybiases.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi you can see it on the left side of my profile. 😃

      Delete
  3. Wow! I've never heard of this, however it is such a pity that it might be too strong for your skin =( I have sensitive skin too so I will probably avoid this!

    celly | asian beauty and makeup blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. :( I have a high expectation on Benton products but this one is an exemption. :(

      Delete
  4. Great review!
    It seems a good product for oily skin! * - *
    http://diariodelolivlet.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete