REVIEW: COSRX Galactomyces 95 Whitening Power Essence

By Resa Peralta - Wednesday, July 27, 2016


Things have been too busy for me for the past few weeks and I barely have time to update my blog and the worst part is, I lost the photos that I edited to post as product reviews, that's why I think it will take a long time before I post another review again. :( 

Anyway, going on to the actual thing for this post, I will be telling how the Galactomyces 95 Whitening Power Essence from COSRX worked on my skin. Bloggers and beauty gurus have been raving that this is one of the dupes for the SKII Facial Treatment Essence but I really can't compare since I haven't tried the SKII FTE nor the other one from Missha or Secret Key. I was intrigued to also try this as this is a cheaper dupe for SKII FTE and I'm desperately in need of a product that would brighten up my face skin tone. It is actually my first time to try a product from COSRX, and since my first experience was great, I'd love to try more of their products, so if you have any product that you would love to recommend to me, please leave it in the comment box below! (Just to let you guys know my current skin type is combination)




"Effect of natural fermentation getting into the skin, Awakening with whitening skin"

 Galactomyces 95 White Power Essence is made up of fermented component with a structure similar to skin, achieving dual functions of whitening and anti-wrinkle at once as dual function fermented essence. It is formulated with 95% high concentrate of the best yeast for the skin, that is, Galactomyces filtered & fermented ingredient, endowing the previously dark, dull skin glow and transparent.



PRICE: P900 ($19)

Got this from theskincarecurator.com. If you are from the Philippines and you haven't heard about them, you should go and check them out. They are an online boutique that sells Benton, LeeJiHam, COSRX and other Korean brands.





This essence is made up of 95% Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate that is known for giving a healthy condition and properties to the skin such as amino acid, vitamins.
It also has Niacinamide that provides whitening to the skin. 
Another good thing about this essence is that it doesn't contain any parabens.
See this chart for the full ingredients and their function to the skin:




I love the sturdy packaging. The pump is very convenient to use. I pump 3 times to apply to my whole face and another 3 pumps to apply on my neck. Then I pat my face for the essence to absorb quickly on my skin. I use this essence after I apply toner.








It has a watery texture. It absorbs quickly, it doesn't leave a sticky feeling and my skin immediately feels hydrated and moisturized. The essence doesn't have any scent. I've been using it for 1 month already, every morning and night, and so far so good I'm pleased with the results. I didn't have any irritations upon using it and my skin is brighter than what it look likes back then. I also notice my dark under eye getting a lot brighter than before which is a very good thing because it works much better than my eye cream but I still use my eye cream to give more moisture to my under eye area. Overall, I would definitely recommend this product!


Have you also tried some galactomyces fermented filtrate type of product

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments