REVIEW: LeeJiHam 5a Control Cream

By Resa Peralta - Monday, July 11, 2016


No one wants to have an oily skin right? You don't want your face to look like you can already cook something on it because of the oiliness. Sometimes it feels like every foundation or BB Cream that I use doesn't go well on my face because I will just get too oily after some hours even though I have applied primer on. I really hate it when I get too oily most especially around my T-Zone. Today's review will be a product again from LeeJiHam and it is a moisturizer for combination and oily skin. Let's see if it worked well!


Price: P1900 ($40.18)
For Oily and Combination Skin

If you live in the Philippines, you can purchase this product on www.theskincarecurator.com. I highly recommend you to shop at this website most especially if you are looking for Benton, LeeJiHam, and COSRX products. They have it all! Your questions will be all answered as they have a great customer service and they will help you to purchase products base on your skin type and problems. Another thing is, their website is very convenient to use. You should check them out if you're thinking of purchasing products from the said brands above.

According to The Skin Care Curator's website:

The 5a Control Cream is an oil-free cream for oily, combination, and sensitive skin. The 5a Control Cream helps control skin glow and provides rich hydration, leaving the skin intensely moisturized. 

Other claims:

● Lightweight oil-free water cream for oily and combination skin types.
● Controls too much sebum secretion and leaves skin texture clean and smooth.
● At the same time, provides moisturizing to the skin.
● Cares for skin problems with Centella Asiatica extract.



Since the packaging is in a glass container, it is carefully covered to protect the product. I like the packaging, it looks classy. But you have to be very careful on this because it is fragile and for a clumsy person like me, extra care is needed. Lol, it has a silver and white lid and it doesn't come with a spatula. Everything in the box is written in Korean so I couldn't understand the information about how to use the product and what are the ingredients of this and thankfully The Skincare Curator's website has it and it is very helpful. You can see the expiration date on the bottom of the product.



Ingredients: 

water, clometherone, glycerin, butylene glycol, cyclopentasiloxane, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, betaine, Centella Asiatica extract, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetearyl glucoside, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) bark/leaf/twig extract, dimethicone, dimethicone/peg-10/15 cross polymer, sodium acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, isohexadecane, polysorbate 80, hydrogenated lecithin, argania spinosa kernel oil, cinnamomum zeylanicum bark extract, triethanolamine, sodium hyaluronate, saccharomyces cerevisiae extract, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract, carbomer, bisabolol, candida bombicola/glucose/methyl rapeseedate ferment, methylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, capryloyl glycine, hexylene glycol, sarcosine, butylparaben, peg-60 almond glycerides, serenoa serrulata fruit extract, sesamum indicum (sesame) seed extract, phellinus linteus extract, cordyceps Sinensis extract, ganoderma lucidum (mushroom) extract, caprylyl glycol, glyceryl acrylate/acrylic acid copolymer, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, fragrance, propylene glycol, nordihydroguaiaretic acid, oleanolic acid









The cream has a quite sticky texture, but it can be blended easily and absorbs well on the skin. The cream has a nice scent. A small amount of product goes a long way so be careful on getting too much. You also have to be sure that your hands are well sanitized before you use your fingers to get the product because it doesn't come with a spatula. After applying it, my skin feels moisturized and smooth. I've been using this for almost a month already and to tell you the honest result that it brought on my skin; I notice that my skin is less oilier comparing to the time before I use it, though it didn't magically make my skin look oil-free at the first week of using it, I'm glad that somehow I'm noticing some changes in terms of the oiliness on my face. I still use it up to today and I'm satisfied to see how my oily fry pan like face is looking clean now. (LOL) When I have my makeup on I notice that my skin doesn't become too oily as it was before. Another thing is, it didn't left any breakouts or irritations on my skin. Overall I would rate this product 4.5/5. It does what it says and my skin is happy to eliminate sebum and at the same time I love how moisturized my skin is. If only this product comes with a spatula... anyway I would love to recommend this to people who have the same skin type like me. 

What do you think of this oil control cream from LeeJiHam?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments