How I clean my makeup brushes (VERY EASY & CHEAP)

By Resa Peralta - Tuesday, August 09, 2016


I'm not a professional makeup artist but just a frustrated one. Ever since I became fond of makeup, I also started to collect makeup brushes. As a student back then, and now a soon to be working individual, I always look for cheaper alternatives so that I can save because honestly speaking I am not rich. Products from high-end brands are great but I believe there is always an inexpensive one that can also do the same thing. 

 Admit it or not, it is a joy to have or collect makeup brushes but then when its already cleaning time, sometimes you will feel too lazy to wash them all most especially if you own tons of makeup brushes. Lol, I don't know if others feel this way too. But, cleaning your makeup brushes is an essential thing because it touches your face and if not cleaned properly it can cause you breakouts or even transfer bacteria to your face. Cleaning is a must most especially if you use them everyday

I will share two products that I use to clean my makeup brushes, cushion puffs, beauty blender. If you are on a tight budget or you just want to save, then you might want to try my product recommendations. Trust me, it won't affect your brush/puff/beauty blender's quality.

You will need to prepare a towel, glass or container/bowl


These are my dirty brushes, beauty blender, and cushion puffs.



1. Dove White Beauty Bar Soap 
- comes in different sizes but the biggest one is only around ($1) 

I am a regular dove soap user, but then one day upon experimenting I tried to wash one of my makeup brushes with Dove and it gave me a positive result. The soap is very gentle and it doesn't dry out my makeup brushes. Another good thing about this is, it is very easy to find and affordable too. 

What I do first is I will rinse my brush with water, then gently rub it on the dove soap. You will immediately see the dirt coming from the brush. After that, rinse the brush with water and make sure to rinse it very well (so that the excess dirt will be totally removed). Wipe the brush with a clean towel, then prepare another clean towel to use to let the brushes dry. Put the brushes in a clean towel with the brush hair standing down to prevent the brush hair from falling off. Let it dry overnight, and voila you're done! Your makeup brushes are ready to use again!


2. Daiso Makeup Brush Cleaner ($2)

I also love using this makeup brush cleaner from Daiso because it cleans very well and it is very cheap. I really like stuff from Daiso because they are cheap and useful, I never thought that their Makeup Cleaner will do a very job in cleaning makeup tools! It has a strong smell, though, but it doesn't damage my brush or whatever. Whenever I use it to clean my brushes, I will prepare a container or a glass to put the cleaner and add a little water to it, then I'll swirl my brushes on the liquid and lo and behold, the dirt will come out very quickly. 




Can you see all that dirt coming from the brush? This is a very satisfying scene!


Cleaning cushion puffs & beauty blenders:

Same procedures goes with the cushion puffs and beauty blenders, rinse first with water then rub it on the dove soap or soak it in the Daiso brush cleaner and be satisfied to see all the dirt coming from it! :P Remember not to wring or crumple the puffs or beauty blender while rinsing it because it might deform the cushion/beauty blender (if done continuously) Instead, press or squeeze the water out of the puff with your palm or fingers. After that, let it dry in a clean towel overnight.


Cleaning makeup brushes, cushion puffs, and beauty blender are very easy with these products. I hope you find this post informative!



If this post has helped you or you have also tried these products, please leave a comment down below!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments