4 Products That I Used To Treat Contact Dermatitis

By Resa Peralta - Thursday, December 21, 2017

The title of this post might mislead you. I did not use these products without a dermatologist's advice or consent. So let me get that clear. 😂 

3 months ago I applied for swimming lessons in preparation for a job that I am preparing to. But then after the 2nd session of the swimming lesson, I noticed that my skin began to have some rashes, bumps and it started to become itchy and red. My colleague noticed the appearance of my skin and told me that my skin does not look good at all and it looks very rough. I panicked because I have never experienced anything like this on my skin. I decided to go to a dermatologist even if it is against my will (because it is really expensive. I can predict that I'll be broke, lol) I went to a dermatologist the day after my colleague said something about my skin. The dermatologist said that my skin is either allergic to chlorine or it is because of my skin's exposure to the sun. She prescribed Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and Cortizan. I did not purchase the Gentle Cleanser from Cetaphil because I have already tried it before and it did not work. I decided to stick with the soap that I am using which is Dove. The dermatologist said that it was just fine to use. When the allergy started I didn't apply makeup for like weeks then turned into months and it feels so weird because I've gotten used in applying makeup everyday and my face looks incomplete without makeup. But as time goes by I felt like it was a freedom as my skin has taken a long break from makeup and up until now as well I now rarely apply makeup except when I have some important event to go to because honestly, I need to take care of my skin for some reasons.

Cortizan Cream
 is used for itchy skin rashes, insect bites, inflammatory skin disorders, swelling, and inflammation of the skin. Cortizan contains an active ingredient called Hydrocortisone.


I use to apply this every night on the affected areas on my face.


Physiogel Calming Relief A.I Cream

This is the first cream that I used to calm my skin along with the Cortizan Cream. It was actually recommended by my cousin because she also had dermatitis before. The cream has a unique consistency and a small amount of cream goes a long way. It does give an oily finish though but manageable. You can purchase this at any drugstores or Watsons stores near you. This is really recommended for people who have sensitive skin and skin allergies but still, I suggest that you visit your dermatologist for a more accurate solution.



Avene Skin Recovery Cream


After few weeks my skin has started to show some rashes again. I decided to go for a second option, I went to a dermatologist near my place and she recommended me these products. She told me that I have dermatitis. The type of dermatitis that I had is contact dermatitis. I was allergic to chlorine that is why my skin reacted badly. Basically, contact dermatitis is a type of eczema triggered by contact with a particular substance.

The first one that my dermatologist prescribed is the Skin Recovery Cream from Avene. This is my first time trying a product from this brand, even though that it's really expensive, overall it is worth it. It helped my skin recover from rashes and my favorite part was how my skin is feeling every after application. It makes my skin soft and smooth and at the same time calms down my skin from rashes. My dermatologist has also prescribed a gentle milk cleanser which I use every morning and evening.



Atopiclair Cream

I would say that this is the least product that I used even though that it was prescribed by my dermatologist. 😂 
I only use it occasionally when there is somewhere itchy on my face or in my body. 



I am thankful for all of these products who have helped my skin to recover from dermatitis. As of the moment, my skin is now back to its normal state, however, I am becoming more cautious now on using different kinds of products because it becomes extra sensitive after the incident. 


Have you also had dermatitis before? If yes please do share your experiences below!






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments